How to care for your new body art.
1.) Remove bandage in 3 to 5 days, but no longer than 7 or it may be hard to pull off bandage.
2.) Gently wash tatt and surrounding area with warm water and antibacterial gold dial soap.
3.) Gently blot dry with a clean towel. Apply recommended ointment/lotion to the tattoo 2-3 times daily.
(Do not overdo the moisturizer, if you smother the tattoo it can’t breathe you can disrupt the healing process).
4.) Repeat step 2 and 3 for 3 weeks or until the tattoo is no longer waxy/dry/scabbed over.
NOW HERE ARE SOME THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
– Never touch your tattoo with unwashed hands.
– You can wash the tattoo immediately after taking the bandage off but don’t soak it, no swimming, hot tubs, or chlorinated water of any kind during the healing process.
– Keep tattoo away from direct exposure to pets/pet areas.
– Do not expose tattoo to direct sunlight for at least 2 weeks, after that use a good sunblock, the more sun exposure on your tat the more the colors will fade.
– Your tattoo may scab during the healing process, this is normal. Do not pick or scratch the scabs off, this will pull out color, if it itches, slap it.
HIGH-RISK TATTOOS AND INFECTIONS
– If you’re getting a tattoo where the risk of cross-contamination is a high probability (like a foot, ankle, wrist, hand, etc.) we recommend using a triple antibiotic as an aftercare ointment. You still put it on lightly, like lotion, and rub it in.
– You need to be careful what you come in contact with, especially the first few days, until scabbing starts.
– Your tat is an open wound and needs to be treated like one, whatever will infect an open wound will infect your tattoo.
– Watch for areas of the tattoo that don’t want to scab up. If an area wants to stay moist, juicy, and possibly looks discolored with yellow and green ooze, you probably have an infection setting in.
– If anything looks like it should be a concern check with your tattoo artist.
Require a free consultation
Call or stop in to make an appointment
A deposit is required for all tattoo appointments